£31,406 per annum (current rate)
Merton College proposes to appoint a Stipendiary Lecturer in Politics to teach undergraduates for an average of 12 weighted hours per week in full term. The appointment will be for the period 1 October 2022 until 30 September 2023.
The main duties of the post will be:
- To provide teaching for an average of 12 weighted hours per week in full term in the following required areas:
(i) The Practice of Politics to first-year undergraduates.
(ii) Ideally two core Final Honour School (second- and third-year) papers (including at least one of Comparative Government and Political Sociology), with the possibility of an optional Politics course.
- To share in the organisational responsibility for undergraduate degrees involving Politics.
- To act as Director of Studies for students studying degrees with Politics.
- To provide study skills and pastoral support to undergraduates.
- To take part in admissions procedures.
The successful candidate will have completed, or be in the late stages of, a doctorate in Politics (preferably in Comparative Government/Politics) and will be able to provide undergraduate teaching for students studying Politics.
The duties and skills required, and the entitlements of the post, are described in more detail in the further particulars which also contain information about how to apply. These are available at www.merton.ox.ac.uk/vacancies or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Tuesday 9 August 2022. Interviews are expected to be held on Friday 19 or Monday 22 August 2022.
Merton College is an equal opportunities employer.